suggestions on p/s and ca reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kelly

well after much skimping and saving i've come up with 1200$ to spend on a new p/s and a calcium reactor. i have a 120gal r/r aga tank w/a dsb. my thoughts on the skimmer are external?only have 24" inside my stand and big enough to put on a larger tank in the future. ca reactor never had one so i need a good reliable EASY to setup . one that would handle a heavily loaded 180 or 220 gal in the future. i am working towards a sps only tank. and finally the most bang for my buck on both! thanks in advance.

Hey kelly - I've heard good things about Geo reactors, but don't have first hand experience with them. I am looking to purchase a Geo reactor in the near future. For skimmers, are you restricted to the 24" height, or are you willing to have the skimmer out from under the stand?

Here is a thread - IAP (a sponsor here) started making skimmers and calcium reactors. You may want to send a PM or ask in their sponsor forum about the products. Here are a couple of threads: Skimmers and Calcium Reactors, and this one - My New 300 gallon Tank. This thread shows a skimmer IAP made with 2 towers, so it could fit under the stand. You can see pics later in the thread of the skimmer working.

Nikki, I'm leaning towards an external skimmer, but don't want one to dominate my living room or be too noisy. I checked out the the one charlie suggested and they seem to be well built and reasonably priced. Iwill check out geo and iap also,thanks for you reply

Back