Sump Buddy A E Tech

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JFTMD

Anyone with experience and photos of sump buddy in action would be appreciated ,claim they skim extremely well up to 180 gal tank, Input please and thank you.

i cant think of a single person who i know in "skimmer world" who has bought this thing and tried it out. if that's tellin' you anything...
based on etss past track record, i'd say there are better ways for you to skim a tank.
what size tank do you have? and what is your size restriction on the skimmer?

Okay I think I have recieved your drift loud and clear but some input from other sources state they pull alot of air and you are not at the mercy of needlwheel pumps and believe me after 20 yrs plus reef keeping I have tried most of the skimmers out there some pros and alot of hype and con if you get my drift!

I did not make that reply so maybe the other aquarist will expand on that

Please pm me with details of what you are referring to. Thx, D

I'm not speaking for Dave but I tried unsuccessfully to dial one in and it was darn near impossible, required a massive and loud pump. I also know someone who bought a used one and finally got so frustrated, he literally threw it out his back door.

PS A E Tech is the company that makes ETSS skimmers

well, to me it's simple...
i want the most power, with the most efficency, and i also want ease of use.
on top of that, i want a company that has good customer service.

"at the mercy of needlewheel pumps"
well, that might have been true 5 years ago, but now with all the new pumps on the market, and the advent of companies perfecting enkamat mesh modification to the pump impellars, you will not be able to beat the power vs. energy consumtion of the nicer meshwheel skimmers, and no it doesnt fall apart after a few months if done properly, you will get more than 1 year out of a properly meshed impellar.

mkay, case in point, this skimmer:
http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/c...Skimmers/c22_48/p132/MSX200/product_info.html

1200 lph air injection, @23 watts, the finest bubbles you've ever seen,
and the smelliest skimmate you've ever smelled...
just try beating that power/energy consumption/price with any other skimmer...

and there are several companies using this sicce mesh wheel pump to power their skimmers. (cnc, ati, and now coralvue)
but if you have the cash, the best skimmers hands down are the ATB skimmers out of germany. they still modify eheim pump on the small model,(best eheim modification i've ever seen) but everyother skimmer is powered by a modified laguna pond pump, same as bubble king red dragon pumps. the design of these skimmers is hands down the best i've seen, and i prefer them even to BK skimmers.

http://www.atbskimmers.com/index.php

Well ,I agree to a point but the skimmer pricing is way out of line for most Aquarists and most for the price of another skimmer could have a new aquarium with a nice cabinet stand ;and sorry I have been in this hobby for 25 plus yrs and I really cannot buy the R and D part for if the price was less more hobbyists would buy them and overall their customer base would increase but that is only my opinion and lots of other aquarists have bought skimmers with high price tags that ultimately were short on performance, so really it is a matter of personnal choice ultimately!

Back