sump/fudg for 46 gallon need help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My sump was 25x12x18. I had to use styrofoam under the sump to level it because it was to big to drop inside. It worked well was difficult to clean, but I made it work. I bought off ebay.

I ran into the same problem with my 46 bowfront. Instead of trying to put one under the tank, I went with the Large CPR Aquafuge. Surprisingly, it does an awesome job. I've got a fairly deep sand bed in the fuge with lots of Macro Algae and a few pieces of rubble rock. In the 46, I've got about 60-70 pounds of live rock. I've got a Mandarin in this tank and TONS of pods and Mysid Shrimp. At any given time, I can look in the Aquafuge and see lots of pods and shrimp.

Well, I'd find the largest tank that'll fit inside your stand and still allow room for maintenance. Then, using this tank, build your own sump/fuge. I built one out of a 29 for my 75. It was actually very inexpensive. I already had the empty 29 and only had to buy a tube of silicone and get 6 pieces of glass cut. Then it was only a matter of building my baffles to suite the size I need for Skimmer and Return Pump. Oh I also already had a HOB Overflow. Just make sure your Return Pump and Overflow are equally rated.

Yea i think i could very easily make a fuge. Its working with the space thats a prob. The back of the stand is only 21.5 inches wide but i think i could fit a 10 gallon "20x10x12" through it. I plan on having room for my skimmer then a baffle to a fuge section and a couple of baffles to my return. the return dont have to have a ton of space just enought for my return pump right? Id also like to put my skimmer outside my fuge that way i could get more room for a fuge and keep a sand base, rubble, macro and pods. Thats the goal but i dont know if its posable.

Back