Sump w/ Refugium design... need opinions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ndorfn

All

I am new to this hobby and along with my brother who is also on here (Risin) am learning a lot from all the great members of this community. I am in need of my first bit of help of which I am sure I will need so much more but here it goes.

I need some opinions on the sump I am going to build for a 75 gallon reef tank. I must give credit to Marc at melevsreef since I think I have now read every bit of info on that site.

I am going to build this out of acrylic and it will be going under a stand with room to spare. My hopes with the refugium is to be able to support a mandarin along with keeping the rest of my tank in check.

Sumpweb.jpg

Thank you in advance for any advice. :)

Nice idea with the RO area. How are you feeding water to the refug.? With the return pump? Good start & welcome to RF.
Rick

I will have a section of PVC attached to the return from the tank that will have three outlets each with a ball valve. One in the intake, refuge, and in the return zone. The water returning from the tank will enter into the intake and refugium and those will dump to the return zone. That way if i need to work on one of the areas I can divert the water with the ball valve to another.

Back