Sunsun JVP 102b

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ricko

I currently use 2 Rio 3500L/ph pumps for circulation and one has decided to play up and p$#s me off after one and a half years. As good as the Tunze setups are i can't justify the $1200 quote i got so i'm looking at these Sunsun pumps at 5000L/ph. I know that they are a cheap brand but would two of them at least do the same job my 2 Rio's were doing?

I have been running a 12000lph sunsun in my tank for a good 5mths and its awesome imo. The flow is great, watts are low, never startup chattering and its quiet as can be. I plan on getting another one. You can't beat $28 + 20 shipped from china for 3000gph.

Good to hear you are happy with it, i'm looking at another which looks exactly the same and same specs but is Aqua-pro(most likely made in same factory). Do you find the water flow to be quite wide as i don't want the "jet" effect like i have from my Rio's?

D othose things come with the magnet??
thats a sweet deal!!
why doesn't every one usethese??
Thats cheap
Are they quiet??

Wow just did a quick search on these pumps. They seem to be a great deal. looks very simular to the Koralias. I'm just wondering how long they would last. The 12000LPH pump is a dual pump looks chunky. luke how big is the 12000LPH compared to others out there?

Well, its two pump's next to each othere. They aren't to large, bout the same size as a mjmod. Smaller then the k4 for sure.

They are quiet. They come with the magnet and the magnet is surprisingly strong. My glass tank is 1/2" thick and it is plenty of magnet. Pry a 60lbs pull force if i had to guess.

So far how do you like them Luke? I think these will be great alternatives for how much water it is pushing. Like you said you can't beat 3000gph for $50 bucks. Where did you order them from? Ebay? If it was ebay how long did it take for you to get it from China?

Yep ebay, a place called dehome or something similar. They are shipped form china. Took a week to get which i thought was very good. So far its great, pushes 3000gph 25w, quiet, no startup prob, great magnets, so far so good. The first generation had a rust problem with the shafts, kinda like the mjmods. The shaft's are now ceramic so no rust probs. There's not a better value out there imo.

I agree with you all, they sound good. The Aqua-pro brand i am looking at uses a stainless steel shaft, will this be a major problem?

Never used the aqua pro brand so i can't recomend that one. All i know is the first gen had supposed stainless steel shafts and they rusted. And some were leaking voltage in the tanks.

I'm gonna get one of thos 202b's and I'll tell you all what I think!
I'm gonna give it a go!
30 befor shipping , can't beet that!

I have been running a 12000lph sunsun in my tank for a good 5mths and its awesome imo. The flow is great, watts are low, never startup chattering and its quiet as can be. I plan on getting another one. You can't beat $28 + 20 shipped from china for 3000gph.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but this pump having 2 propellers does it mean that each propeller is pushing 12000L/ph or 6000L/ph????

if you are talking a same design powerhead but under different name like pro-aqua, uni-star..etc they are all sunsun but just re-badge.

Back