SWC Cone 160

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jhampton_wsu

If anyone is on the fence and thinking about buying a new skimmer this has my approval. I upgraded from a Vertex IN-80 and it's night and day. The cone with its internal pump has a smaller foot print and with the gate valve adjustment it works much better. Also I think the price goes up soon but you might check with Luke @ Reef Filtration about that. His customer service is great.

Jason

If anyone is on the fence and thinking about buying a new skimmer this has my approval. I upgraded from a Vertex IN-80 and it's night and day. The cone with its internal pump has a smaller foot print and with the gate valve adjustment it works much better. Also I think the price goes up soon but you might check with Luke @ Reef Filtration about that. His customer service is great.

Jason

I second that. I just bought one of these (also from Luke at reef filtration, who is a great source of information)

It is an awesome machine. Also a great price for the skimming power you get from it.

At least 10 times more skimming power than my old crappy skimmer

rob

I have one also. They work great. My only problem is how touchy the gate valve is for adjusting.

I was looking at this exact skimmer and yes Luke is a great guy-I just was not sure if it was "all that"

i had one of these on my 120g tank and it worked great i just increased my bio load and water volume so i had to get rid of it. great skimmer though pulled out some really nasty gunk

Back