SWC parts

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mwebber28

I need a new impeller for my SWC 160. Does anyone know where to get these. I have looked all over the net and have come up with nothing. Is there another brand that will work, should I look at a new pump?

Thanks.

Quick question for you, is there another pump that will work in the 160 cone skimmer? Mine has had restart issues for months and we had a power surge when I wasn't home. Tried to clean pump but its dead, plug it and gfci trips.

Quick question for you, is there another pump that will work in the 160 cone skimmer? Mine has had restart issues for months and we had a power surge when I wasn't home. Tried to clean pump but its dead, plug it and gfci trips.

I read somewhere the sicce 600 fits but its $160 and at that price I might consider a new skimmer. I just bought a new atman2500 for mine on ebay for $55. I just put it in today and have not seen a difference from my old one yet. If I dont see any difference in the morning I'm going to put my old pump back in and look for a bigger skimmer. PM me if your intrested in the new one I just got I'll let you have it for a small discount on account it will have run for a whopping 2 days.

I actually just purchased a new one off eBay for 55 also. It seemed like it wasn't so much a pump issue as it was an issue with swc's hybrid mesh wheel from the research I've been doing this afternoon. The new one has a needle wheel which is supposed to be better for the pump.

I wasn't having any issues with skimming, the skimmer does an amazing job. My pump just didn't restart after a power surge and burned up. What type of problems are you having?

Interesting. Have you tried lowering the skimmer? Mine actually sits in about 9-9.5 inches of water. I did have it higher up but it has been more effective lower. The outlet on mine is about 1/4 of the way closed at that water level, and the air intake is fully open.

I used to run in 8.5" and was about where your is. Over the last month I've had to raise my water level to 9.5" to get bubbles to the cone. I replaced the tubing, impeller, now pump and its still not working properly. Frustrating to say the least.

My new pump just came in. Thoroughly cleaned the skimmer so it probably needs to break in again, but I had to almost close my water outlet as well. The new pump came with a needle wheel which I'm guessing can't push as much water and air as the hybrid mesh wheel. I'll see what happens over the next few days, but there's no way I'm putting the mesh wheel back in since that's what burned up my pump.

I ran my new pump with the needle wheel for a few days and it was worse then before. So I put the mesh wheel in the new pump and it improved a little bit, not enough but a bit.

Frustrating....

Back