T-5's w/out reflectors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bored4ever86

So I bought my t-5 retros to put into my canopy and got the boxes earlier today (first timer with all the wiring and was so dang happy when i tested the wiring, that they all lit up and I didn't get electrocuted). Turns out they forgot to put the bulb clips in the box and I didn't realize it till after they were closed for the day. I'll call them first thing tomorrow, they'll probably send them out asap, but I digress. I'm wondering if its worth it to install the bulbs without the reflectors then when i get the clips put the reflectors in. The tank is nearing the end of its cycle so nothing needs the lights, just me itching to get them in to show improvement for my money I guess.

I realize the bulbs won't get a full "showing" without the reflectors, but will it be more hassle to install them then add the reflectors after the fact? or would it be a simple pull out the bulbs put in the reflectors put the bulbs back in type thing?

If it matters, the retro kits are the Miro-4 60" made by LET lighting.

I guess it depends on how tight things are in your hood. My T5's are pretty close together but I can still get the reflectors on and off without removing the bulbs. If you are excited, go ahead and get em in. Can't hurt anything

+1

Ive always installed the bulbs first and then attached the reflectors afterwards.

the reflectors should be a bit smaller then the bulbs and like stated above you will be able to add after they are installed I have always done mine this way just becareful not to add too much pressure to the bulbs as they are glass and do not flex all that great.

Back