T5 lighting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

austin6965

I have 4 bulb T5 for my 40gl breeder tank (2 blue , 2 white) I just wonder if I could do sps Corals like birdsnest and others , my landscaping makes it were I can put the coral high up in brighter and stronger light but will it be strong enough ? Highest point is about 3.5-4in. From the surface maybe closer. Thanks for looking :)

I ran a similar light on my 40b. I was able to keep a variety of sps. Just make sure they are good bulbs and replace them yearly or so.

Last edited:
austin,

should be fine...i kept a peach birdsnest and pocillipora just fine...but keep towards top and as Dave stated, change bulbs yearly..

I have 4 bulb T5 for my 40gl breeder tank (2 blue , 2 white) I just wonder if I could do sps Corals like birdsnest and others , my landscaping makes it were I can put the coral high up in brighter and stronger light but will it be strong enough ? Highest point is about 3.5-4in. From the surface maybe closer. Thanks for looking :)

I have the same set of lights on my 90 AIO @ 24'' deep. I also keep my sps near the top. Some are 6-8'' below the water line. They seem to do well.

Back