t5 question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Workaholic

Millipora Addict
Well I came across the smokin deal that hellolights has going on for their t5 hoods. With seeing how cheep their 48" t5 light is i'm thinking about picking one up for my 155 instead of running MH's and t5's.Do you all think I would be allright with a 8x54w t5 fixture on a 5'x2'x2' 155gallon tank?

Thanks,
Tom

Yep, you'll be just fine. Depending on what corals you decide to keep, you may have to keep the highest light demanding Acros in the upper half of the tank. I have the 6 bulb unit over my 75. The tank is predominately SPS and Clams. I have high light demanding Acros mid-tank and growing very well. T. croceas at mid-tank are growing well. A purple Sebae anemone down on the bottom is loving the light.

Down to about 22", T5HO, with quality individual reflectors, do every bit as good, if not better than 250 MH. A lot of studies show that they even put out more par, down to those depths.

The clearance pricing that Hellolights is having is amazing!!

only Problem i see with the unit is the limit of power cords, They went with switches , so If you wish to have more control on lighting it will be manual rather then automatic.

This one Sid

48" 8 Lamp T5 Unit

T5 is quite possibly the future of aquarium lighting. T5 efficiency matched with the output they produce is hard to beat. Our T5 units are made using the highest quality materials and accessories available. Housed in a sleek looking black enclosure they are great looking as well.

Features:
* Individual parabolic aluminum reflectors create up to three times more output
* Clean black powder-coat finish
* Enclosed electronic ballasts
* 4-TRU actinic and 4-TRU 10,000K T-5 HO lamps are included
* Adjustable cable hanging system available
* Venting System allows maximum air flow for cool operation
* Compatible with all T5 HO lamp brands
* Two On/Off Switches
* Dimensions: 48"x19"x2.5"

one powercord...
but who cares for that price!!!
this would be perfect for your 155, workaholic, sps will just go in top half of tank,
and if you wanted, you could overdrive the unit with a icecap 660, then you'd get 80 watts each out of the 54 watt bulbs:)
and get some geisemann bulbs in there:)

Back