t5 question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

appears to be the same model/brand as this:

http://www.aquatraders.com/24-96W-ho-t6-light-fixture-advance.aspx

you get what you pay for...I bought a light set from aquatraders and it contribute to my algae bloom...soooo, proceed with caution my friend...

my .02
kirk

yeah, i'm starting to get the impresson that these lights aren't worth the money and that I may just drop the coin (if I can find it) for the hellolights 24" t5.

Thanks,
Tom

you may also want to check out... www.marineandreef.com

i got a great deal on some currentusa sundial T5..you pay NO shipping if order is $150 or more..

I'm thinking about getting some t5 (all acticnics) for my main tank.

you may also want to check out... www.marineandreef.com

i got a great deal on some currentusa sundial T5..you pay NO shipping if order is $150 or more..

I'm thinking about getting some t5 (all acticnics) for my main tank.

Thanks for the link. They actually have some decent prices. I really like one of the current 30" fixtures they have with integrated timers for a dawn/dusk effect so it only has 1 power cord. All though I checked out their lighting chart they have and they think I would be able to get away with sps in my 20L with just a single 65w CF. I'm finding that a bit hard to believe.....

now if only someone would buy my iwaki's I would be set and pick it up today.

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
tom,

i have the 30" sundial unit in my office (40g)..i love the integrated timer as I dont have to go back and forth to work to turn the lights on/off. I have a crocea clam, rose anenome, and lps in this tank and all are doing great.

tom,

i have the 30" sundial unit in my office (40g)..i love the integrated timer as I dont have to go back and forth to work to turn the lights on/off. I have a crocea clam, rose anenome, and lps in this tank and all are doing great.

Thats actually the exact fixture I was looking at. who makes a 30" 40g tank?

Tom

sorry about that..I meant 36", not 30, however it does have the arm rests on the sides, so you might be able to get away with some overlap..

sorry about that..I meant 36", not 30, however it does have the arm rests on the sides, so you might be able to get away with some overlap..

Yeah, I was thinking that I could get the 36" so I wouldn't have to buy another fixtuer when I upgrade from when I eventually use this as a frag tank to a 40 or 50gal frag tank (I have a 155gal thats on the backburner until I find a good steady income).

Thanks,
Tom

tom,

I found a good lighting system that is 30":

http://www.marineandreef.com/Nova_Extreme_T5_Aquarium_Lighting_Current_USA_p/rcu01137.htm

no timers, but can easily be added.

Thanks for the heads up kirk. all though it looks like i'm going to pick up the glass that dan has and build some tanks (1 or 2 for myself and others on request and to help pay for my existing tanks). I'm gonna try and take a shot at building a 3'x3'x16" cube and run this light on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180194886976

Or just save my money and get my big display up and going. either way i'm gonna hold off on any light purchases for the time being so I can get what I really want.

thanks,
Tom

holy light display batman !!!

that is some serious lighting..what you plan on growing there???

:D:D

holy light display batman !!!

that is some serious lighting..what you plan on growing there???

:D:D

lol, anything I want :) . well if I go that route, chances are I'll just build one to play with and then build several other tanks for other people that want some if I figure out how to build them well. I would really like to setup my 155gal display that I have though with a 8 bulb 48" or 60" fixture. well see, thats down the road.

Tom

Back