T5 Retrofit Kit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

carlos_fb

Caribe Piranha
I'd like to know where can I find a good deal in a T5 Retrofit kit of at least 260 watts? and how much do they usually go for?

try innovativelights.com they have great products and I've used them a binch of times now. What length is your tank?

Price is going to depend a lot on how big of a tank this is going on.

I always buy from LFS but i hear a lot of people talk about www.hellolights.com i have never used them but supposedly they are good.

Nick

My tank is a 60 gal (48" x 15" x 20") and eventhough I don't know what kind of corals I'm going to keep I would like to be able to keep whatever I want. I don't have a lot of space between my tank and the canopy so that's why I'm considering T5's instead of PC or MH.

T-5's penetrate the water column further then pc's. T-5's are more comparable to MH then pc's. How much so is a matter of debate. I will be running them on my 60 gallon sps tank soon to see what results i get.

Willie

Keeping softies and LPS, yes. If they have indivdual reflectors on each lamp you can keep sps also.

DIY Reef has the best prices I have found so far. I am buying Ice cap reflectors and Giesman bulbs probably tonight.

Back