tang help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jgraeff

Jgraeff
My yellow tang seems to have a couple nips on the back fin the only other fish currently is a clarki clown could it be doing this, or would it be the emerald or hermits?

Clarkis are some of the most agressive clowns we have encountered,,I would not put it past them...John had a Pair in his 29 a few yrs back and they were Violent come cleaning time!

+1 on the Clarki, but I'm sure the Tang is getting his shots in as well. They are both rather teritorial fish by nature.

Todd

I'll third your clown. Eventually they should come to a mutual understanding with each other. They will either become pals and hang out, or they will do their best to stay out of each other's way.

I doubt the hermits or emerald is fast enough to grab the fin of your tang.

hmm i guess it is the clown he is aggressive i just though the tang would set it straight however my tang is very docile, and no the clown is not hosting it was but i lost the anemone to a powerhead :(

agreed..when my tank was first up and running 3 yrs ago, i added 2 clarkis..big mistake..
any other fish I added was attacked...the clarkis thought the entire 375g tank was theirs.

needless to say, I sold them...

Back