Tang question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reefgirl78

Hi,

I have a 120 gal reef that I bought as a complete setup reef several months ago and no spikes and all stats are great. I added 2 truce perks and anemonie's and shrimp, whatnot all are great 1 month in..

Question: My mom is giving me her blue tang that is too big for her tank and he is in perfect condition no ick in her tank for years, and he is BIG priority. I want to also get a yellow tang sometime. Who should I add first so they do not fight or should I do at same time but risk ick? Just want to do it the right way..........

Thanks in advance,
Alison

So blues you've heard aren't as mellow? My mom's is very peacefull in with a yellow tang right now but who knows....

Thanks,
Ali

I've had both and had to get rid of my Yellow because it was a big bully to everyone in the tank. That's just my opinion.

Jerry

which blue tang???? Atlantic blue or Pacific blue(Regal,hippo)????? it should be fine either way really...as long as you don't add another Zebrasoma species in with it

Here is my two cents, I would assume you would be ok because the tangs have not established territory. If you added one at a time after another tang had established territory you may have issues. Thats just my oppinion.
I wish you luck either way. Don't panic when the Blue (hippo) stresses a little when you move him. It may take time for him to be comfortable to new surroundings. If your water parameters are good, Your tank is matured, its large enough. You have some hiding spots then why not do two tangs at a time?

Back