tangs in trouble

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

littleblue

I have a big problem I just started and am about 4 months into my tanks and in my 55gal I have had 2 tangs die already and my water is fine. I need ideas on what could be killing them I'm lucky that my small pwder blue tang has not died and I don't want that to happen. Any ideas

You really have to elaborate on what you mean as water being fine. what are your parameters, how often are you testing, and are you adding too many fish at one time?

IMO, tangs should be kept in a tank that is at least 6ft long..a 55 gal IMO is too small..they need a lot of room to swim as they graze all day long..also 4 months is too early to be adding tangs to a tank IMO.

as far as your problem, are you noticing any white specks on them? can you elaborate on what you are seeing on the fish..also please post your water parameters for ammonia, nitrite, nitriates, pH, salinity and whether or not you are using RO/DI water.

what other fish are in the system and how long have you had them? are they doing fine?
are you quaratining your fish?

Current live stock list

Hi little Blue you have quite a race horse stuck in that little tank!
I have a powder blue tang in a 150 and i feel that is almost too small!
How many fish do you currently have in you 55 gallon tank? And what kinds are they?

I have a big problem I just started and am about 4 months into my tanks and in my 55gal I have had 2 tangs die already and my water is fine. I need ideas on what could be killing them I'm lucky that my small pwder blue tang has not died and I don't want that to happen. Any ideas

Back