Tank Background

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Holygral

Holygral
Was trying to decide what type and what color to use, with that in mind what type and color does the masses use?

Black. I think it creates a more striking contrast with all the inhabitants, and sinces it's less reflective it takes away attention from areas that don't need to be highlighted. Not that it really matters for me because my background is now pink with Coraline.:rolleyes:

i have one tank as black and the othere as blue the blues ok but need to be a deep blue ,when algea grows it dosent look as good, i think i perfer black but i would like to see a nice deep blue colour, the kind of colour u see when u look in to the distanst when diving

I've had blue and black and love them both. All depends...If the tank is full of corals and you can't see the back good, I like black, but if there is a lot showing I like the blue:)

I have black...however, I saw a tank a while back that had blue and it looked great.

I think the blue reflects a little blue light and helps take the yellow out. The tank that I saw with blue was running 10k halides and some supplimentary actinics...but it was a nice blue aqua colored light.

Back