Tank from Glasscages

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I bought a 240 gallon (72"long x30"wide x25.5"tall) from them about 2-1/2 years ago and have been very happy with it.
It's not the same quality as a elos, but it holds water. It was built the way I wanted it and it was by far the cheapest. By more than a $1000.
When I got it I had to do some basic cleaning, sharpie marks, dust, and some errant silicone.
I did some research before I bought it and saw a bunch of negative feed back, but I looked into the feedback and found that most people who posted that feedback never really had one or even knew the actual person who orignally had the bad experince.
People really like to repeat horror stories.
I'd buy from them again if I could get the same deal on shipping that I got the first time. They did a west coast tour with their truck and shipping was a 1/3 of what it should have been.

Treehugger bought a 240 the same as Finn's. His experience was nearly the same except for some shipping date confusion. If you know what to expect, and dont want a bunch of bulkheads drilled in multiple specific locations you should be fully satisfied.

I spoke to them also before I bought my tank from Bret. They also told me that there will not be a west coast tour any time soon unless they get enough order that they feel that it justifies their cost and labor.

I had heard that about a month ago and emailed them and they said no.

Thanks a lot, Finn and everybody for the helpful information. Is your tank glass or acrylic? I spoke to them for the shipping quote and it's arround $625. It's a high shipping cost but still a very good deal the whole thing (about $1000 less compare to order the same tank in NW). I probably go for it if I can't find the same deal locally.

It's a glass.
FWIW I would not buy a acrylic tank from them.
When they delivered my tank, I picked up 2 other small acrylic tanks for another guy here on RF and the acrylic work was horrible.
They do make a good budget glass tank, but I couldn't recommend their acrylic work.

It's a glass.
FWIW I would not buy a acrylic tank from them.
When they delivered my tank, I picked up 2 other small acrylic tanks for another guy here on RF and the acrylic work was horrible.
They do make a good budget glass tank, but I couldn't recommend their acrylic work.

Glad to hear. I am looking for glass too. Thanks again Martin.

Thanks a lot, Finn and everybody for the helpful information. Is your tank glass or acrylic? I spoke to them for the shipping quote and it's arround $625. It's a high shipping cost but still a very good deal the whole thing (about $1000 less compare to order the same tank in NW). I probably go for it if I can't find the same deal locally

So what is total cost for this tank with shipping?
ARSA

Thanks a lot, Finn and everybody for the helpful information. Is your tank glass or acrylic? I spoke to them for the shipping quote and it's arround $625. It's a high shipping cost but still a very good deal the whole thing (about $1000 less compare to order the same tank in NW). I probably go for it if I can't find the same deal locally

So what is total cost for this tank with shipping?
ARSA

around 2100 for the 96x30x25 with all options for reef ready and starfire glass in front.

We have a 300 gallon that is 72x36x27 RR w/2 corner overflows and starfire front for less than 2K for sure . If you could work with different dems, call me and I'll get you a solid quote.

ARSA

We have a 300 gallon that is 72x36x27 RR w/2 corner overflows and starfire front for less than 2K for sure . If you could work with different dems, call me and I'll get you a solid quote.

ARSA

Going local is always better. You can see what your getting without the anxiety of wondering if they made it right,will it survive the trip,etc.

Under 2k with tax and shipping. I think we can go lower than that but I need to check the list .:)

The demention is 96L 30W 24H, front panel starfire, drilled and over flow boxes ready with bulk heads is what they offered.
Sent you PM for phone number. Thanks.

Back