tank pics- up and running into four months, adding fish now, n corals.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

carolgyrl1

Ok, Here is a pic of my tank, I am just now restocking my tank, adding corals, ect. View attachment 41932 I as far as my tank cracking, I had the lfs that I got it from take it back to the tank place that built it and fix it.I wasnt worried so much about it happening again, until I just found out that it has about 3,000 lbs of pressure, :).I did just install a device by the sump that will call my cell if I have a leak, or if the power goes out, or it if gets too hot or too cold.so I think I will feel better on vacation. I am still trying to figure out the adding pics thing!! I did have a flood a couple of years ago, the auto fill top cracked and the tank thought it was filling all night, woke up to 5" of water all over the downstairs!!$26,000 damage!!

:israel:
edit_preview.php
edit_preview.php
edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php
edit_preview.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good!! What size tank is it?? Also, welcome to RF if I haven't welcomed you already :welcome: :)

BTW, I merged your two threads into just one thread seeing they were of the same thing and started in the same forum so now you have everything packed into one thread now. :)

Last edited:
Thanks !!! The tank is a 240 gallon. i got the new led lighting set up on it now, so it is staying cooler( chiller really hardly ever comes on!) going to see what happens with corals, staring to stock fish, have a royal gamma basslet, anthias, sailfin tang, 7 green chromis, harptail blennie, 2 juvenile oscellaris,purple firefish, yellow prawn goby,(3) catalina gobies- accidently--did not know they are a cooler water fish-( tank at 74-75 now) I have 1( now) skunk shrimp- the other disapeared :(

Welcome Carol.

Your $26,000.00 dollar hell that you went through has been my day, so I pretty much can feel your pain. Luckily for me it was only forty gallons.

I think my dentist still has us both beat though after his tank+sump emptied all the way down to the 2" line. Still not sure how that happened, but he flooded his hole practice and the garage below.

I feel much better now, I just installed a program under my tank base that will detect a water leak ,( rests on the cement floor by the sump) or if the power goes out, or an extreme temperature change, and will phone me on my cell phone( calls 3 numbers) , I will appreciate it even more so when I am on vacation. I also got a small generator for if the power goes out :) I would rather be prepared !!

Is the equipment that you have for flooding ect. a cellular program or do you have to have it hard wired?

byw, I got the flood/ power thing from homesecuritystore-

I did have to buy a seperate thing-I got mine from radio shack-rca- $69, they have them at walmart too, because I did not have a phone jack under my cabinet, it makes it a remote phone jack- it is two modules, one goes into a plug in by a phone jack, the other one plugs into any plug you want to make active , You do have to have a home phone line, though, they did say that if you do not have a home phone land line, you can get an accessory to have it call your cell only. I programmed in for it to call me on my cell , and two other numbers. It will call three numbers you program in it.I got it from homesecuritystore ( hs-700 for $78.00

Last edited:
Back