Tank purchase

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

redrooster

Landshark
I've mostly been off the board for some time as I've had no tank due to not enought time to mantain one. :cry: After looking on craigslist I've finally found a tank to buy. The seller only lives 10 blocks from me so moving everything without the rock and such degrading should be easy. This post really has no point other than I need to talk about it as I am really excited, and to warn that I will have a lot of questions. My previous tank was very simple with hang on the back filters, and no plumbing/sump. This tank has everything and some of the stuff I am not familiar with.

The tank is a 75 G acrylic, drilled with 1 center overflow. I goes into a 40 gallon acrylic sump with 3 chambers. It has a light in the sump, but the current owner has no fuge (I want to grow cheato in there) I has a large Aqua C skimmer w/ mag 12 drive I believe (this is overkill for this tank). He has some huge brand new chiller (not sure brand/model) It is lit by 4 x 48" T5driven by an Icecap 660 ballast. Has about 75 lbs live rock which has lots of coralline algae, but also a lot of green hair algae (he quit doing water changes about 3 months ago :( He has two phosphate reactors (these I know nothing about and will have lots of questions.

It comes with a few fish and few soft corals and a small clean up crew.

He's also throwing in an RO unit, all test kits, supplements, and a few koralia powerheads.

I'm paying him $1,000 for everything, which I think is a great deal.

I will post pics as soon as I get it set up. Unfortunately I don't take delivery until December 4th.

Back