Tanks set up

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sniper1

Hey every one i just got a new salt water tank that was already plumbed i just had to figure it out and put it together. first question is. can my plumbin have suck thing as gargle tubes? two i have a uv sterilizer and skimmer and power head. what would hook up to what and how? thanks

Congrats on the new tank! :)

can my plumbin have suck thing as gargle tubes?

Not sure I know exactly what you mean here :oops: Do you mean can you use strainers on the end of the plumbing sitting in the tank for suction or something else?

two i have a uv sterilizer and skimmer and power head. what would hook up to what and how

Not sure how they had it setup, but you will have to let us know which pump you got and which skimmer and uv you got. The reason why is uv sterilizers require a certain amount of flow to run through them to be effective. Same thing goes for the skimmer. So it is quite possible the person before used one pump to feed the uv sterilizer then the water pumped straight into the skimmer then exited (or vice versa) or it could be that they used 2 seperate pumps, but you only got one with the setup. Then there is a chance you got another pump there intended for the sump return that you didn't mention that UV sits inline of. You'll have to let us know like I said which skimmer and UV you got so we can know what to suggest depending on their flow ratings :)

Back