TapaTalk info

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Ok the software is installed, integrated and ready to go on our end. I am going to post the info they have for getting your phones up and running on it below, hope you like it.

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin, phpBB, IPB and SMF forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.
Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:
77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing
77ec8c55-d19e-1d77.jpg

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:
77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg

Ability to search by topics and posts:
77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:
77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg

Check out Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF for more information!

The only thing I find for the android is a $3.22 app. Is this the one? When i click to but though it says HK$25.00 for a price. I just want to make sure this is all right before I purchase and download.

I believe it was only 1.99 or something similar?? I wouldnt be paying that much for it??

Mojo

On the tapatalk, do you have to open the app then log into RF from there or does it automatically just use the tapatalk layout when going to any forum from Safari?? I see the app in the App store (iphone) and it is $2.99. I want to download it , but need to know if I have the option afterwards to view the forum as it is through safari now as well as the other layout through tapatalk. Sorry if it is a dumb question :p I am afraid that I won't be able to perform any mod functions using the tapatalk looking at the screen shots. :)

I think I'm a tool shack... Or the middle east internet sucks. I'd like to believe the latter :)

I installed tapatalk for about 2.96 or 28HKD.

I logged onto RF and the only thing I can see is the latest posts. I cannot see the list of forums when I click it. Just shows up as a blank page.

I was really hoping to post a post having a tapatalk signature on it before we pulled out to sea again :(

We will see.

Until then,

Merry Christmas, and to all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Is the site really that slow you cant just log in as usual? I haven't had issues and I'm too tight to buy anything like taptalk lol!

Scooty, I will give you my itunes account username name and password so you can download it for free off of my account...Geesh :rolleyes: :p Really cool app!!! Works great and much faster than using safari on the iphone. :)

Is the site really that slow you cant just log in as usual? I haven't had issues and I'm too tight to buy anything like taptalk lol!

The new site is actually faster, but with that said... I want to use my new TOY!!! :D

I'll dink with it some more tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to figure it out. Maybe I was just being impatient and wasn't letting the pages enough time to load. All in all Tapatalk looks pretty sweet, especially if it will work for multiple forums.

It's funny... I got an iPad and much rather use safari and view the forum like I was sitting at a computer on the iPad than use tapatalk. On my iPhone, I rather it the other way. :)

Can you view the classified ads with tapatalk?

Nope, but the classified adds are a bonus to the forum. Not part of it. We really should be getting on here to gain insight or help other reefers with advice. I think it's kinda cool that people can't troll the for sale forums from tapatalk. Don't get me wrong, I buy and sell too. Honestly though that's not what the reef frontiers was setup for, so I dont mind opening the browser to view the classified adds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, but the classified adds are a bonus to the forum. Not part of it. We really should be getting on here to gain insight or help other reefers with advice. I think it's kinda cool that people can't troll the for sale forums from tapatalk. Don't get me wrong, I buy and sell too. Honestly though that's not what the reef frontiers was setup for, so I dont mind opening the browser to view the classified adds

Wow I actuall feel off my chair when I read that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well said

Mojo

While not able to view the Classifieds with TapaTalk, you can usually view them, through your smart phone's browser. Heck, a select few smart phones, even have Java, enabling them to get into the chat rooms...lol. My phone is one of those, though I don't have Java enabled, right now. I'm still on the fence about TapaTalk, but am seriously considering buying it, just to check out what all the hype is about.

It's pretty neat Sid. On my iphone I rather use it over the web browser, but on my ipad, I rather use the web browser. It takes a bit of getting use to as the layout is a bit different, but nonetheless pretty neat. :)

Back