TDS Issue

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefJeff

Another TDS Issue
Hello friends,

I recently changed all the filters and 150 gpd membrane in my 5 stage RO unit (no DI) (2 year old unit kept very clean) not to mention all the lines. My problem is my TDS after only 5 months on a new membrane and filters went up to 47. Now after changing everything out my TDS is still very high at 35. This was tested with In-Line TDS meter and I have 2 Hanna TDS meters. All meters were within 2 points, so average of the 3 different meters is 35 TDS.

The filters and membrane were recommended through Big Al's supplies.

I do not have a pump on here as my water pressure gauge (in-line) reads about 52 psi. Even my ph is as high as 7.3. When this unit was new, ph was 6.6/6.8 max.

Any ideas friends on how to obtain "0" TDS again other than buying a new unit?

Thank you,

Jeff

What is your TDS going into the unit?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for all the information.

Here is my system I bought 2 years ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Stage-Drin...item2c57be241c

It came with a 1 micron and 5 micron filter. My tap TDS range is 260/270 at 55/58 degrees. The rejection rate is about 4 to 1.

Here is the membrane I purchased.

Amazon.com: AquaFX TFC Membrane - 150 GPD: Pet Supplies

I know I will never get to zero but 35 with all new filters and membrane is quite high.

Thank you for the information. I am sorry I did not get all this info in my first post.

Jeff

If your coming in from city water the TDS range can change on you, wich would in turn increas your TDS output, with a good RO memberane like the DOW membrains will remove 98% but adding a DI to your system would bring it down to "0".
You need to check the % on your new membrane it could be that is normal for that brand.

Back