Tech E.T.S.S. 1400 for my 500 FOWLR

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

peddy10181

so i am going to be picking up this skimmer this week end, but befor i do would like some last minute input. its rated from 200GL to 800GL from what i can see. no corals at all in the tank just some rock and my fish. will this get the job done??

Skimmer: EA Tech E.T.S.S. 1400 with a Iwaki MD70RLT driving it.

thankz guys.

Correct in terms of power consumption relative to some of the more "current" offerings.....

Of course, I am using 15 yo technology skimming for my equally old (if not older) saltwater technology. YRMV. The fish load, water change frequency, feeding regimen, etc. will have a much greater influence in determining how well any skimmer works in your system.

:)

I did end up getting it. But had a nother set back. The return pump I got with the tank is rusted out and seems to be lucked up :( Sad face

You have to prime those pumps in case you didn't know. I didn't know that about mine either and thought the same thing. That is unless your pump is lower than your water level if that makes sense? It wont pump up into itself you would have to stick a powerhead in the tube pushing water in there to start the suction of the pump. If that doesn't work well then I would contact the seller about getting your money back.

i cant seem to find the edit button to fix my last post =/ ya i know that the pump has to be primed. its a dolphin pump but its very rusted, cant get it to spin by hand at all.

Back