Tek 2 retrofit kit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bosco83

I just got my Tek 2 6 bulb retrofit kit today but it didn't come with any instructions on how to set it up. The ballasts have some wiring diagrams on them but some good step by step instructions would be great. I have been searching all over the net trying to find some I really want to get them set up. So if anyone can tell me or if you have a link to some good instructions that would be great.

Thanks,
Brian

I really hate retrofit kits I should have just bought a regular light setup. I figured out how to get it wired but the wiring is a huge mess of wires and is going to look like crap.

go down to the local walmart and get some wire wrap. it comes in colors and will clean up that wire mess and make it look nice and clean. any auto parts store willl carry it too.

Ok I'm happy again lol! I got my lights setup after I got going and cut off some extra wires that I didn't need everything went pretty smooth. My lights are up and running now the only problem is my living room is soooo bright lol.

The only other thing I need to do is decide where to mount my balasts any ideas? I would like to mount them to the back of my stand on the outside but that would mean I have to drain the tank to get back there as it's up against the wall. Would it be bad to mount them on the inside of the stand?

Brian

Last edited:
Back