Temperature contrllers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It is exactly the same as the Ranco.... Aqualogic just put their brand on it.

As for heaters, as long as you don't go beyond the rated capacity of the controller you should be fine.

I was just looking at buying the dual stage ranco to shut of my MH or turn on a fan if things get hot but decided to buy the digital aquatics recently released reef lite 1 to do it. It is $150 and you can control four outlets(2 are on relays). The temp probe was faulty out of the box but they replaced it immediately and the new one is running well. I have been using the ranco single stage for my heaters for the last two years and have no complaints, it has been rock solid.

I was just looking at buying the dual stage ranco to shut of my MH or turn on a fan if things get hot but decided to buy the digital aquatics recently released reef lite 1 to do it. It is $150 and you can control four outlets(2 are on relays). The temp probe was faulty out of the box but they replaced it immediately and the new one is running well. I have been using the ranco single stage for my heaters for the last two years and have no complaints, it has been rock solid.

If your Ranco has been rock solid, why would you try something that has not proven itself to you? Just curious

Cause the ranco is for his heaters and he was looking for something for his Mh or a fan.

My Ranco Duel has heaters (2) plugged into one side and fans (2) into the other, as long as you do not go over the rated load, I do not see where it makes any difference as to what is plugged into it. IMHO

My ranco is a single controller that is why I was contemplating buying a dual controller to be able to turn on a fan at one temp and the lights at a higher temp.

My Ranco Duel has heaters (2) plugged into one side and fans (2) into the other, as long as you do not go over the rated load, I do not see where it makes any difference as to what is plugged into it. IMHO

My dual stage ranco has much the same. Three heaters on one side accompanied by a chiller and a fan on the other. You can put a splitter on almost any unit as long as you dont surpass the recommended amperage/wattage load.

Holygral, quit while you're behind. He has a SINGLE stage ranco. Recheck his first post instead of arguing with the guy. You can only set it for 1 temp.

It is exactly the same as the Ranco.... Aqualogic just put their brand on it.

As for heaters, as long as you don't go beyond the rated capacity of the controller you should be fine.

The difference is Ranco makes these & Aqualogic uses a Titanium probe over the regular Ranco probes.

The difference is Ranco makes these & Aqualogic uses a Titanium probe over the regular Ranco probes.[/QUOTE

Is the titanium probe a big advantage? Is it worth $45.00?

Truthfully, I can't see how it would be. The ranco I have works just fine within 1 degree. Could the titanium probe be more accurate? Maybe. Does it need to be more accurate then 1 degree? No.

Just an FYI if your just controlling heaters and fans a single ranco will do both. Fans dont cause fast temp drops like chillers so the fans can just be connected to the NC contact on the single stage Ranco controller. Fans will shut off if the heater turns on.

Don

Back