The best way to ramove a wrasse from youre tank is ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MYCAPTIVESEA

No this is not a trick question. I purchased a spotted wrassa some time back and now I would like to add some clams, but catching him in my 75g reef tank is proving to become a mission. Please help.

Depending on his size, you can remove the logo's from a clear two litre pop bottle. Cut the top off just below the taper, flip it around and shove it back into the bottle. Super glue a couple suction cups to the side so you can mount in on the glass twards the top of the tank. Only put food INSIDE when feeding. Eventually he will comfortable enough to swim inside. keep your eye on it a scoop the whole thing out. The holes so small, he'll panic and wont find his way out in time. Its worked for me a few times. Hope my drawing I made for ya helps. You have to leave it in the tank for a couple days all day and night so he sees it, gets used to it, and feels comfortable around it.
Brett

Depending on his size, you can remove the logo's from a clear two litre pop bottle. Cut the top off just below the taper, flip it around and shove it back into the bottle. Super glue a couple suction cups to the side so you can mount in on the glass twards the top of the tank. Only put food INSIDE when feeding. Eventually he will comfortable enough to swim inside. keep your eye on it a scoop the whole thing out. The holes so small, he'll panic and wont find his way out in time. Its worked for me a few times. Hope my drawing I made for ya helps. You have to leave it in the tank for a couple days all day and night so he sees it, gets used to it, and feels comfortable around it.
Brett

That's some pretty serious water turbulance :) Great idea!

What has worked for me it to get a clear 2 liter and cut the bottom out. attach it to a stick/rod. When you feed squirt the food through the threaded opening gently. All the fish will eventually be waiting to go in the bottle to get the food. When you get the one you want just push the bottle to the bottom and then place a net under it and pull it out. I have one of these by the tank and feed through it about ever 2 weeks so they stay familiar with it. I came to the reality I would never catch a fish in my tank with a net.

Ive used that system a few times. Doesn't work for tangs tho....
You talking about what I posted? I have to run my tangs out of the bottle so the fish I want can get in? My tangs are pigs. I can put food in my hand and they will let me pick them up to the surface of the water. I could pull them out but never had a reason to.

Brendon, NOW you tell me!!!!!! I read through the entire previous thread on fish catching and tried them all for my Coral Beauty. Finally ripped the tank apart. Took all day and I was really pissed. The fish is now out of the reef, but will never go there again. Your system sounds fool-proof, maybe better, 80 proof

Brendon, NOW you tell me!!!!!! I read through the entire previous thread on fish catching and tried them all for my Coral Beauty. Finally ripped the tank apart. Took all day and I was really pissed. The fish is now out of the reef, but will never go there again. Your system sounds fool-proof, maybe better, 80 proof

There's something about those coral beauties, there too smart. I had the same problem after I caught mine nipping on my clams to the point where they wouldn't come out. The coral beauty had to go.

my dads coral beauty is just starting to nip at things, and now i have to start some different tactics to get it out.

Back