The MAX show

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

oceanreefs

Hello everybody, I just got back from Los Angeles last night. We attended the Max show which was a consumer show all about fish tanks corals and equipment and everything concerning Salt water aquariums. I was in the Red Sea booth kind of helping the people there since I have a RSM 650. Red Sea invited me there to help out and to tell people what I thought about the big tank. It was a pretty big show, they have a lot of people selling coral frags , some of the prices of these little bitty pieces of coral arr unbelievably expensive but I guess it's worth it.one thing I found out on the West Coast most of the shops there are not mixing saltwater their buying water from the ocean we met a person who actually trucks thousands of gallons of fresh sea water to the local distributors and they also supplied the show. This water is so pure I wish we could get it where I live. no mixing salt no putting in chemicals just natural seawater. Anyway I had the opportunity to meet a lot of people and talk about my favorite subject which is saltwater fish and corals. we looked at a lot of LED lighting and what's in the future also digital aquatics has a brand-new thing they're putting out it's going to monitor your pH temperature and whatever else from your cell phone where ever you go. that's coming at the end of month, so there's a lot of neat things in the future for this industry. I mostly met a lot of nice people and made a lot of new friends. Looking forward to next year.Phil:usa2:

man, I dream of those new S series aio tank but I think they are ridiculously priced

Pics of show or ban!!! :D. Natural sea water is great! I mean what beats the real thing? I live in the Bahamas. Water here is un-believably beautiful, but I never used it in any of my tanks. IMO, it's more of a hassle going to the beach and filling bottles because you typically don't want to collect directly off of the shoreline as water can be inconsistent there from many factors vs either making your own water at home or having it delivered to your door. Also NSW is a good way to add parasites etc to your tank so it's sometimes best to treat it first which could be a hassle in itself again. With that said though, many people use NSW without any issues and so it may just be my OCD that has me making my own water. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok.
photos DSC00773.JPGDSC00787.JPGDSC00788.jpgDSC00793.jpgDSC00795.jpg

Back