the perfect fuge

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

newly reefer

ok so im curious on the opinions that every one may have on the "perfect fuge". ive read and tried all kinds of differnt things. so wat would u put in there to make it perfect?????

i have cheato in one chamber then i have macro in another lots of rock but i havnt decided on wat my substrait should be.

this really depends on your goal with the fuge. Are you trying to remove nutrients, grow f food for herbivorous fish, cryptic fuge, harbor pods and other critters, cool looking algae tank? There are so many different choices that there is no one size fits all.

I read they have to be changed from time to time for a mud bed I would steer clear of it personally but thats MY opinion. keeping it simple is best imo in this hobby.

ive read the same thing to, ive almost thought it would be easier to keep bare bottom just for easy care.

yeah thats what I plan on doing but I am going to have a Fish/softie 100 I will have sand in but not alot in my sps system I plan on going Barebottom and also in the fuge.

Back