The "Speak Eazy" bar

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

justforfun

Humu Humu Nuku Nuku
well i figure i would give this a try.......been reef keeping for just about 2 years now...i first started with a 55 dt with sand bottom & 55 3-section sump.....5 months later i had upgraded to a 75 (and removed sand bed)added a 25 frag tank.......1 year after start i removed the 25 frag tank and switched with a 40b. 1 month later brittany (the girlfriend) wanted a seahorse tank so i plumbed my old 55dt into her seahorse tank with deep sand bed...i have got her just as hooked as i am with the coral fragging, tank tear downs, NSR meetings & PSAS meetings,.....
For the first year i had my struggles with figuring out what i can keep alive on my exp. level and what i would have to send to my buddies tank for them to resurect..i currently have a large selection of sps & some lps...i have my system down in the basement( cement floor) so the minor floods i have created have not harmed anything...

**All tank's run just snails for cleanup crew W/ wall scrubs every 3 days
Fish-
Display Tank:
Purple Tang
Unknown Tang
6-line Wrasse
he/she perc clown
lawnmower blenny
bicolor blenny
psychedelic green female dragonet
Reef Chromis
Frag Tank:
Yellow Tang
Reef Chromis

Seahorse Tank:
Dragon Face pipefish
Purple Fire Fish
psychedelic red female dragonet

Fuge Tank:
Pistol Shrimp

Lighting
Display tank. icecap illumintaions 2x250 mh phoienx 14k, 2 t-5 1 454 1 super actinic-with 2 led strips

Frag tank. 1x250mh xm radium, with 4 pc 2 actnic plus 2 super actinic

Seahorse tank. 36" current 4bulb t-5.....mix of odds & ends

Flow i run all of my tanks on the full siphon setup.......no noise at all
DT-ran by a ehiem 1262 & (internal flow)mp40es & k-1400 gph

Frag tank ran by a eheim 1260 & k-1200 mounted on sea swirl & k-1400
**Ehiem 1260 feeding 15 gal section of refuge
Seahorse tank ran overflow on frag tank & 2 k-425

Sump
swc 160 cone skimmer with mesh mod & larger stink cup,
1-300 watt heater via aqua
1-250 watt heater via aqua
2-ph probes & temp probe
auto top-off
carbon & gfo reactor,
jbj fuge light

EXTRA GOODIES.......ecotech mp 40es ...neptune apex controller...milwakee ph monitor...inland hobby saw...2 part dosers...

i also have 2 qt tanks always going as well as 100+ gallons of ro/di waiting for any of those lets call them learing adventures.........

ps: lets see if i can get this video to load

Last edited:
DSCN0470.jpg

holdendaniel

terrible terrible quality.......it looks fine on my camera not when i transferred to photobucket

[vid]http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd500/holdendaniel/?action=view&current=DSCN0477.mp4[/vid]

Hmmm...Not sure on the videos. If you go to the large tank forum and look at Jim's build (Gimmito's 450L shaped display) he somehow gets his videos to upload here. Maybe he can give you a hand. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kI7m9Rh8_KY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

enjoy?

Very COOL DJ, you have definitely caught a severe case of Reefer-itis. Way to go Bud!

Cheers, Todd

Very nice set ups. Look forward to seeing more of you set ups. Do you have any plans for future seahorses in the stable?

Cheers,
Alex

Absolutely awesome. Looks way better in person. Time to host a meeting so everyone can get in there to check it out.

Back