The tank swap has begun.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ugla

I have been talking about a tank swap for a year now. Wanted to add a closed loop and Ocean Motions but thought it would be too disruptive to the reef. I bought a used 125 acrylic to replace the current 100. Had Clear Fab add another overflow and fill and buff out a serious flaw in the front of the tank.

The tank has been set up for 15 years now and was starting to show old tank syndrome symptoms. I added a fuge and Aquari Pure vodka reactor and it has gotten better, but it is time for a good cleaning.

The new tank is plumbed now and running in the garage. I am now working on producing a couple hundred gallons of RO water. Wednesday I am going to set up a 100 gallon Rubbermade tub next to the tank and plumb the return pump and overflow drain into it. It will become a temporary sump that will become the holding tank while I do the swap. This way, the livestock will not experience any change in water as they move.

Gonna try to sell a bunch of overgrown coral this week to thin things out.

If all goes as planned, Friday night I will move the livestock to the tub and move the old tank out and start moding the stand for the new plumbing.

Saturday will be a long day of plumbing, cleaning and staying wet,

I am going to use fiberglass rods to build rock towers in the new tank after seeing Mike's new tank in Bothell, he did an amazing job.

Will post pics as I go.

I really hope I can find someone like you around when I'm ready to buy my LR in a year or so

Back