Thought I'd share my day so everyone can see.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sedrostyle

Tried to take the wife after lunch/dinner to the beach as she'd wished.
So we go down this freshly graveled hill end up getting stuck going back up. Slide down the embankment into this " sand trap "
car.jpg

Haha. no wonder it says no parking. All's well, my wife had a little coniption backing down the hill.
We ended up walking back up about 20 minutes to the house. Got it out with my buddy's toyota, and he had it in 4 high and supposedly burnt his clutch.. I hope not :/ I'll do doing the work on it if thats the case ( facepalm )

On a better note. A good person he is @pandora sent me a RO filter today. and a TDS meter to use.
My TDS on tap was 247 the first time I tested.... 221 the second time.
Hooked everything up. TDS out now is 13... way better

I quickly typed in google is 250 tds a bad thing and the maximum allowance for TDS is 500!!!
WTF are people thinking... this water at 250 tastes like SH##
Anyway, I hope my fish and stuff will be happier. I wanted to say thats to pandora for lending me that while I get back on my feet.
Im glad there are still some good people out there. I've never met a bad one yet in this hobby. Everyone is just so darn nice and wiling to help.
I really like it. I like to be able to return the favor too.
Thanks everyone

Your welcome! Like i said, if you want 0to tds, you may want to get a ro membrane. 250 is nuts! Since i sent you the filter, im going to be getting a ballast! Excited, for nothing more than "just bring me a frag". Thanks naso! Guess with every good deed, you get a good deed returned!

Sounds like an eventful day!
Something to look back on and laugh about.

Wow your tap water TDS is high. The tap TDS here is only in the 80's. Are you on a well?

Your welcome! Like i said, if you want 0to tds, you may want to get a ro membrane. 250 is nuts! Since i sent you the filter, im going to be getting a ballast! Excited, for nothing more than "just bring me a frag". Thanks naso! Guess with every good deed, you get a good deed returned!

Yea I wish it was that easy. But when it happens its great.

Sounds like an eventful day!
Something to look back on and laugh about.

Wow your tap water TDS is high. The tap TDS here is only in the 80's. Are you on a well?

Yes on a well, and I thought it was a private well. But I guess its various community wells within camano island.
I want to go by my old house and check the TDS in mount vernon. I've heard mount vernon and burlington has good water. Sedrowoolley being the best because they have flouride in it.
Idk I just drink the stuff... and I can barely drink the water here. Nor do I want to anymore.

80s!? Thats pretty good, my tap tds is low. Only in the 30s as for the adventure.. Wow u drove that civic on the beach!? Id never drive anything other than a dirtbike or awd vehicle on that! Looks as if it was an eventfull day for sure!

Yea tried to make it back up the hill. It was fresh graveled and too steep for my lowered car. I backed down it.
Made it to the corner and was going to get a run at it. But it wouldn't grab lol.
So I ruined the corner already and had to back into that trap and got stuck even more. :/
It was pretty fun. My wife freaked like I said. She thought we were going to slide down the edge.
Tds was 241 the first time. Then 221 the two times after.

After the filter it is now 13. :)

Man you have some ***** water! I get around 80 on that meter with only the sediment, carbon block, and di. I dont even use the ro membrane but like twice when i had it.

Like I said, when I googled the recommended levels or if 250ppm was ok... I found out the MAX TDS water can be is up to 500...
WTF I bet that water tastes like your sucking on mouth full of change :D

Back