Thoughts on the Pentair Quiet One pumps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

markglover

I want to swap out my mag 9.5 return pump because is is way too loud. I was looking at the Quiet One 3000. Is it as quiet or quieter than the ehiem 1250? I only want about 250 GPH at the head...thoughts?

I have a QO 6000 not only is it not quiet but as it has aged getting it to restart is both really noisy and really time consuming... I will not buy another I am switching over to a swquence ecternal and calling it good... I have heard though that the Ehiem's are a great submersable pump.

Everyone says the ehiems are great, just trying to save $ and hoping it doesnt bite me in the ass. the 1250 is $82 and I can ge the quiet 3000 for $50....prolly not worth trying to save $30

I had 2 quiet one 6000's I believe (1506 gph each) and they were great pumps in the sense that they were quite and produced good flow, but I had real issues with heat coming off of them. It was rediculous the heat these pumps produced. Not sure if this is the case with all their pumps, but this series, both pumps ran really hot. :)

Back