Thoughts on the Tunze DOC Protein Skimmer 9006?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MTWiley

I'll be setting up a 150 gallon reef tank with a ~50 gallon sump, and I'm trying to decide on a protein skimmer. I like the Tunze's small footprint (about 5"x4.5") for my sump as it's going to be a convert old acryllic tank that has two openings in the top that are 17"x6 3/4" which would mean that I could put in the sump without having to make any modifications to the top thus weakening the tank. What do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions for skimmers that might better meet my needs?

There are 6.75" x 17" opening in the acryllic tank that's going to be used as the sump. I can post a cad drawing that I've been working on later tonight if you still need clarification. I'm not completely opposed to cutting into the tank, I'd just rather not cut into it if it's not necessary.

Thanks for the reply, I'll look more into that skimmer, I'm thinking about just rebuilding the sump tank on the bottom or using a cheap glass tank from petco or something. When I decide I'll either use that SWC150 or one of the other skimmers you recommended in my other thread.

No worries, and thanks again for everything you've done for me and the community.

Back