timers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kcharm

So I finally got lights for the tank...the fish is so much happier and the tank itself looks much better as well. I'm wondering what people use for automatic timers for their lights. There's the old standby rotary ones with the little plastic things, but they click when they turn on and off. I've seen digital ones, but they seem pricey to control just one light. Is there something out there that will control multiple plugs with multiple on and off times? In other words, I want to be able to make the actinic turn on first and off last but have it plugged into the same timer...does that exist and is it cost effective?

There's the old standby rotary ones with the little plastic things, but they click when they turn on and off.

That's the kind I use for now.

Is there something out there that will control multiple plugs with multiple on and off times? In other words, I want to be able to make the actinic turn on first and off last but have it plugged into the same timer...does that exist and is it cost effective?

Yes...They do exist. I've seen them here in the Bahamas so if we've got them, everywhere should have them. More than likely one of RF's sponsors sells them for a reasonable price...Best of luck!

I also use the rotary ones and they haven't failed me yet. I bought 4 digital timers from Costco and each one didn't turn on at one time or another so I ditched them.

coral life has one that will run your day lights , actinics and moonlights. I went through 4 of them and finally went to home depot for the haevy duty rotary types and the havnt failed yet. steve

Back