Tool Box 20G

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DonW

R.I.P.
I needed a place to put my fish for my current take build project. I figured I might as well set up another tank. This is actually going in my office at work. Ive got a old 10 drawer Mac tool box used for office supplies storage, seem to be a good fit for my little 20G tall tank. After a few hours of cleaning it looks pretty good for a old tool box and fits my office fairly well.

The tank is just a real old 20G tall with cpr back pack skimmer. I have two light choices. A 175w halide or a unknown wattage CF fixture.
I plan to automate most everything with a Reef Werks auto top off system, making use of the lighting timers and wave maker for a couple of MJ's. A small rodi will be in the washroom just for the ato.

I'll get the tank moved to my shop in the morning and start psting some pics.
It should make a nice addition to a otherwise typical shop office.

Don

Couple hunks of rock and it almost looks like a fish tank. Just needs lights and a diver dan.:)

Don your Photo needs more depth of field and better lighting, I can't quite make out the certs:lol:
animal-smiley-043.gif

Very funny!
cheeky-smiley-018.gif

What you plan on keeping in the tank and how long up?

Water and its been up for about an hour or so.:) Really Ive got a mated pair of clowns and a blue chromis that I dont think will do well in my new overflowing tank. Dont want them to go carpet surfing.
I'll just leave it up until I retire and fill it with softies.

Don

I had temp issues with this little tank already since my shop is not heated after hours, came in and found a cold tank. Instead of heating the shop all night I just moved it back into the office onto a little filing cabinet and it looks like this will be its final resting spot.
I added some sand and the microbubbles from the cpr have slowed way down. I'll give it a few more days before adding fish. I hooked up a constant water changer and will just mix up water every two weeks. The rock and sand are both dead so I'm just going to throw in a damsel or four and let the water changer take care of the nutrients for a real slow cycle.
This will be a real nice addition to a otherwise ugly auto repair shop.

Don

looking good don! are you planning on a full blown reef tank or fish only?

Dont know just have to see how it goes. Ive got some ugly fuzzy mushrooms I'll throw in there. I thnk zoo's would do ok with the lighting. I'm sure I'll throw in some impulse purchases in the near furture. Really just want a good home for my clowns and small fish that wont do well with my new system.

Don

ohhh to have an office tank......... ohhhh to have an office....lol
the crooked pictures makes me wanna come over and straighten them out for ya..lol

ohhh to have an office tank......... ohhhh to have an office....lol
the crooked pictures makes me wanna come over and straighten them out for ya..lol

Well bring a aa battery and put it in my clock while your at it.:lol:

Don

Back