Top Down Pics of sleeping tank.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wrightme43

Here are some top down pics of my tank. I also found a super trick chiton tonight. That little bugger looks exactly like my rock. If I hadnt seen it in the picture I never would of found it. I had to go back and watch it move to make sure it was real. Those little buggers can move pretty quick. Its in the photo with the birds nest coral just to the left of the B.N. and the right of the small acro frag. Blends right in.

Last edited:
That's really neat Steve. Your chiton looks exactly like the ones we have here all over the place. Nice photos:)

Thanks Krish,
I am trying to figure out where the heck it came from. It blends perfect with the rock. So has it been in there since I got the rock? I wanna learn more about them. It sure looks cool anyway.

Thanks Gaby, thats just a little smaller than life size. It sure is cool. It does make me wonder what happened to my scoutus. Havent seen it in months.

They look like roly polys. Are they beneficial to the reef??

Just a simple herbivore in most cases.
eats filamentous algae, cyanobacteria, and diatoms. Pretty useful critters, I think anyway.
Some are coral predators but rare as I understand it.

rudeanduncouth said:
I like all the Asterina starfish on the back of the tank.
Thanks I have a blue million of them. I have been considering a harliquin shirmp. My friend Mitch has kept them alive on asterina, and is quoted in J. Sprungs book to that effect as well.

Back