Torch Corals and Clown Fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

muss60

Recently, our anemone that was hosted by our two clown fish died; I believe it was due to nasty britol warms; our water params are good (nitrates are .15); otherwise, very good (and that's confirmed with our dealer who also tested our water with same results).

My question is: our clown fish have now discovered a torch coral that we have had for about 2 months now and doing very well; will the clown fish harm the torch coral?

Thanks for any advice.

ps Our tank is approx. 1.5 years old; 55 gallons.

The clown and the torch are ok together. However your nitrates could have an affect on the anemone. get it down

Doing water changes every week 'til we get it down to zero; thanks for the quick response; the information on this site is amazing! Someone strongly recommended a good book recently; this person refers to the book still after years, and I want to buy it for my husband for Father's Day but can't find the posting where it was mentioned. If the poster reads this - could you repeat the name/author of that book again?

Appreciate all your help

Recently, our anemone that was hosted by our two clown fish died; I believe it was due to nasty britol warms; our water params are good (nitrates are .15); otherwise, very good (and that's confirmed with our dealer who also tested our water with same results).

My question is: our clown fish have now discovered a torch coral that we have had for about 2 months now and doing very well; will the clown fish harm the torch coral?

Thanks for any advice.

ps Our tank is approx. 1.5 years old; 55 gallons.

I wouldn't worry about the bristle worms - they're detrivores. The one problem with the torch is if the clown rubs one of it's polyps against a sharp edge of the coral's skeleton and damages the polyp.

My clowns tried to host in my torch for a few months until I got a huge pile of zoos for them to play in.... Needless to say, they never harmed the polyps much but the polyps they constantly rubbed on were a bit shiny and retracted, probably the corals reaction to the clowns. The coral continued to grow just fine and I did not have any significant loss though.

It was probably just good luck though on my part that they didn't rub it to death.

Back