Treating Filefish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bosco83

I got a Mottled Filefish last week and so far have treated him with Prazipro just as a preventative treatment. I noticed both his eyes seem just a little cloudy they were like that when I got him. They haven't gotten worse or better and I was wondering if I should now start a treatment of Maracyn two? He is eating fine and getting more use to me. He mostly hides if I'm in the room but I think he is figuring out that I'm feeding him and now hides with his head poking out waiting for me to put food in. I can try and get a picture but it might be kinda difficult to see.

Thanks,
Brian

Some fishes have a rather normal opague appearance to their eyes. Be sure what you are looking at is in no way 'normal.' Check out other fishes at the LFS and also go online for photos.

If both eyes are in fact clouded over, it would be best to treat with an antibiotic. At least having it standing by, should anything get worse. If the fish is eating, you can also help the fish overcome this or any other low level infection by providing the best diet, nutrition, and frequency of feedings. Also be sure to add both vitamin and fat supplements to the foods.

Thanks I'm pretty sure it is normal they haven't changed and they are both the same. I do have Maracyn on hand so if it does get worse for some reason I'll start a treatment.

Back