Tree's 250 Deep Dimention

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

steven11

Somethingotherthannormal!
Finally getting around to starting a thread for my aunt's 250. It was set up November 08. Let us know what you think.

Equipment:
Tank- 250 gallon Marineland Deep Dimention Tank 60"x36"x25"
Sump - Two pieces, about 50ish gallons together.
Dart return
Octopus 250 Extreme Skimmer
8 bulb T5 light fixture
3x Seio
3x K4

Live Stock: (Not complete)
Spotted Rabbit
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang
Hippo Tang
Sail Fin Tang
Cherub Angle (pain in the ass)
4 Red Fire Fish
Leopard Wrasse (my favorite)
Flasher wrasse
Lawn Mower Blenny
Scooter Blenny
Sand sifter Goby
Randal Goby
Mandrin Goby
Two Yellow Clown Gobbies
two black percs
one orange perc
6 chromis
5 cleaner shrimp
one blood shrimp
Panda Goby
Yellow chested coral banded shrimp

Here are a few pics!

Enjoy....

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

Last edited:
I love the dimensions. 36" front to back gives a lot of room for structure and still leaves space. You might want to think about shielding the sun from the tank though. Could cause one heck of a bloom.

Mike

Hey pal, Id like to come out sometime and rape that tank for frags...... I mean snap some photos for ya since I am getting better.

And you are just figuring that out silly!! I love most of my fishys, I would not feel bad if the sand sifter croaked :)

welcome to reef frontiers!
wow, thats some nice white carpet below the stand. im sure steven can handle the rug doctor just fine

seeing a frag of duncan still makes me laugh i could show u guys a pic of a 8ft tray full of duncans there on sale 50c per polyop most colonys 40 to 100+ heads come down and grab a bargin. but honestly nice looking tank goo fish selection not sure about rabbit fish though and ive seen multiple purple tangs eat acans

wow!! looking pretty good,,,growing in healthy mode again .
is the elegrance coral grow that fast??,,is it the one ?

The one pictured isnt the one from you, the one from you is doing very well and opened right up. She got a deal that she couldnt pass up on the big one. It is a sweet piece in person.

Very nice set up in size and demension. Promissing a sweet mix reef in the future.

Nice tank! The only thing I would recommend is getting the tank into a more shady area for two reasons. I noticed you had some regular sunlight shining into the tank which will probably cause an algae issue later on as the tank becomes more established. Secondly, the light will probably heat up your tank more during the summer which could contribute to the water getting too warm since I noticed you have a hood. Just thought I would throw it out there as possible issues down the line

New picts after Steven played with it

Added 90 more pounds of rock and aquascaped the tank. Let me know if you think Steven did a great job or am I being bias!
StevensandJaydensBirthdayParty124.jpg

StevensandJaydensBirthdayParty132.jpg

StevensandJaydensBirthdayParty131.jpg

StevensandJaydensBirthdayParty128.jpg

StevensandJaydensBirthdayParty127.jpg

StevensandJaydensBirthdayParty126.jpg

StevensandJaydensBirthdayParty125.jpg

StevensandJaydensBirthdayParty123.jpg

StevensandJaydensBirthdayParty129.jpg

StevensandJaydensBirthdayParty130.jpg

Back