Trigger/fair price?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

I am interested in a black hawaiian triggerfish for my new 100 gallon fowlr I just want to see if the price on the fish is fair, I found them online for $50 for a 2'' fish. a local store by my house has a 7''+ black hawaiian for $129 with 25% off so about $98.00 what do you think is this a fair price for this fish or over priced???
any coments are great.

Matt

Yeah, no shipping is always a bonus, not to mention that this way I can see the fish in person...

Thanks Dave

Matt

Quite a nice shot of that black hawaiian triggerfish Matt :) How big do they get and do you know of any special diet requirments they require?

They are suppose to get up to 10'' and need a varied diet of fish,scallops,clams,and veggies too.. they are also suppose to be less aggressive then most triggers.

Matt

saltwaterfish.com has free shipping for order over a certain amount, which I think it's $75 if I'm not mistaken.

matts125 said:
I am interested in a black hawaiian triggerfish for my new 100 gallon fowlr I just want to see if the price on the fish is fair, I found them online for $50 for a 2'' fish. a local store by my house has a 7''+ black hawaiian for $129 with 25% off so about $98.00 what do you think is this a fair price for this fish or over priced???
any coments are great.

Matt

What store is by your house? Is there a secrete reef shop in Puyallup??? :lol:

brett it isnt anything fancy, just The Wild Side on 112th and canyon has a small saltwater section, I wouldnt trust their fish for an established reef. her fish arent alway very healthy, however this trigger has been in there for months and has been healthy the whole time, atleast with a FOWLR you can medicate if you have too, I would put her fish in my reef though..

Matt

I stopped by today and saw the fish, its pretty cool. I was looking for a Powder blue or brown.

Back