Tropic Eden Reef flakes?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dragoneggs

I know this might be a bit tired of a subject, but I am trying to settle on some sand and I am wondering about the Tropic Eden Reef flakes? They seem to be a bit larger grain than the sugar sized stuff I am used to but with Vortech's coming I think I need to go with a larger grit.

My question is what sand loving animals will not be happy with this particular sand? I want to know if I will be limited at all with any creatures that I might want to put in with this sand?

Mark,

Let me answer this in a different way? it seems the sugar size sand is what you want, so instead of changing sand, why not change the Vortech to some other brand that will not blow it around.

at least this gives you two options to think of instead of just one (which right now is change sand).

:)

You are right, yes I could look at it that way! But... and a big one... the one thing I fought with and never mastered last time was flow. I am pretty convinced and I have already committed by design that I am going to use powerheads this time. I really want to move the water better as I know my struggles were because of poor flow at the top third of my tank. The Vortechs seem to offer what I need. The sand has to take a back seat to that I think.

Last edited:
Back