truly amazing frag project

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I took down my 40 gallon zoanthid tank for about a year and a half and made it into a montipora capricornis only tank. I had 5-6 different colors of monti caps, all growing into each other. 3 diferent reds/oranges, purple, green, and green with purple rim.
It was pretty cool, untill I got monti eating nudibranchs.:(

Graphing has been going on for a while now it has been done with some sps also I know alot out there for some high dollar price tags I always like the Idea of this same with nuc greens and purple deaths

I'm with finn - Back before the MEN I had a nice lil colony...... working on growing a new one now with some Idaho Grape, Flower Petal, Strawberry Fields, and Purple Rim :)

Whats interesting is each coral hits that "line of demarcation" where they touch, and then they just start growing in a direction where they aren't butting up against another coral..

montiporacastle032909.jpg

I'm with finn - Back before the MEN I had a nice lil colony...... working on growing a new one now with some Idaho Grape, Flower Petal, Strawberry Fields, and Purple Rim :)

Whats interesting is each coral hits that "line of demarcation" where they touch, and then they just start growing in a direction where they aren't butting up against another coral.

That's pretty neat, I'm missing is the Idaho grape. Do you think if I placed a few pieces together they would continue to grow without any problems?

That's pretty neat, I'm missing is the Idaho grape. Do you think if I placed a few pieces together they would continue to grow without any problems?

assuming 1 doesn't grow over the other..... so given that statement, if your red cap grows 50% faster than your others, Id leave it out, or give it just a tiny piece to start with......

Back