Trying out my new Canon 50D

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blazer88

I figured it was time for an upgrade since I've been shooting with my 30D for over two years now. One thing I love about this new camera is the live view mode, which I really never thought I would use. I can see the picture magnified 10x's on the 3" VGA LCD and make any manual focus adjustments before I take the shot. Almost seems like cheating, lol. Sweet camera so far and really brings my Sigma 150mm macro to life.

IMG_0070-Edit.jpg

IMG_0064-Edit.jpg

IMG_0059-Edit.jpg

IMG_0027-Edit.jpg

Wow... super envious and GREAT SHOTS! I think your second pic will be my new background. I heard the new 5D does HD video, but is pretty spendy, 2,500 I think for the body alone. Imagine live shots done with a macro lens like yours.

You gonna make me cry lol I am so wanting a Macro Lens for my camera I have the Rebel XTi so maybe Christmas I can finally get a Macro lens ;) Great shots!!!

surf_buddy, I thought about getting the 5DMKII but I would have to switch up all but one of my lenses (Sigma 150mm). I absolutely love my 17-55mm F/2.8 IS and would be hard pressed to part with it in favor of the 24-70mm F/2.8L which is an absolute brick. I'll make the move to full frame one day, I'm sure the 50D will hold me over for the next year or two just as the 30D has.

Thanks everyone else for the comments. G&NSalty425, there is no substitute for a good macro lens, you will love it. Here are a few more shots:

IMG_0069-Edit.jpg

IMG_0044-Edit.jpg

IMG_0062-Edit.jpg

IMG_0048-Edit.jpg

Ok, my comment wasn't enough said...lol. I'm sure Angie will be commenting soon as well. She recently saw the Tailspot Blennys and it quickly became her all time favorite fish. Soooo, now my....no, her next project is going to be setting up a Nano so she can keep one, along with a couple sexy shrimp.

Like Returnofsid said, I have to comment. I absolutely love the picture of the Tailspot Blenny!! Yes this is my new favorite fish! I can tell they have great personality and just simply a beautiful fish. I will be setting up a smaller Nano in the very near future so that I can have one. Your pictures are amazing!!!

My oh my... Those are very sweet pieces of art!
Now I know what lens you were using... now, what book were you reading? LOL :)

Read? Eh, never learned :) I actually am pretty sure that I failed photography back in high school if I remember right, lol. I have learned by nothing more than trial and error. Digital is free to shot so experimenting is your friend. And Angie, the Tailspot is probably one of my favorite fish. Awesome personality and fun to watch. Now who wants to buy a 30D?

I'm not against the purchase of the 30D. How much you asking for it? Could make a great Christmas present though! ;-)

Thank you for sending me a link to that. Michael I think about fainted when he saw how much you're asking for it. Now he really wants it bad!!! LOL
By the way great pictures in your Aquarium Photography link!! Your an amazing Photographer!!

I figured it was time for an upgrade since I've been shooting with my 30D for over two years now. One thing I love about this new camera is the live view mode, which I really never thought I would use. I can see the picture magnified 10x's on the 3" VGA LCD and make any manual focus adjustments before I take the shot. Almost seems like cheating, lol. Sweet camera so far and really brings my Sigma 150mm macro to life.

I think it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful pics man.

Thank you for sending me a link to that. Michael I think about fainted when he saw how much you're asking for it. Now he really wants it bad!!! LOL
By the way great pictures in your Aquarium Photography link!! Your an amazing Photographer!!

Hopefully it is a good sign that he almost fainted, lol. Thanks again for the comments.

how about a pic of the new frag you got from my

They aren't really in the best spot for pictures right now but I'll get 'em moved around and take a few shots.

how about a pic of the new frag you got from me

Here is one of the frags I got from you. I had to move the others so the polyps were retracted. This piece looks nice and happy though.

IMG_0247-Edit.jpg

I got this piece a few weeks ago from Jan and it is growing and encrusting nicely.

IMG_0248-Edit.jpg

Back