Tunze stream 2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DonW

R.I.P.
Anyone have one, if so what do you think. Good pump? The price is more than fair if they work well. Pic's would be great.

Don

Looks like the same design as their Nanostream pumps. If so, I've had problems with the way the two pieces of the "body" connect together.

Can you explain? They are bigger and are dc but thats about all the info I can find.

Don

Yeah Don, they are physically a bit bigger and flow a ton more. I like the flow pattern that I get from my Nanostreams, but the design that they came up with to connect the front half of the "globe" to the rear half (that sits in the bracket) is a bit flimsy. It's just a weak compression fit with a little alignment key. On both of mine, the front half of the globe has become a bit out of round (for no apparent reason) and so they fall off the rest of the pump. one of them has gotten to the point that I can no longer use it because it won't stay on for more than a few seconds. I'd read somewhere on RC about others having the same problem. For the money, I'd like to see them redesign it more like the way the Korillias fit together with a twist on connection.
Here's a link for anyone intersted:
http://www.saltycritter.com/pumps/tunze-turbelle-stream-2.htm

Last edited:
Thanks, I like the fact they run on straight dc current. Not really sure yet my tank can handle the flow anyways. Any other dc pumps out there? The Koralia are 12v Ac.

Don

Koralia dc pumps have been great and they hold up really well; for the money they are something you really want to look at; I have four koralias running on a 4 way koralia controller! The controller is pretty amazing!

Koralia dc pumps have been great and they hold up really well; for the money they are something you really want to look at; I have four koralias running on a 4 way koralia controller! The controller is pretty amazing!

Koralia low voltage pumps are 12VAC according to the manufacturer.

Don

Barrier Reef will be getting some of the new Tunze 2's here in the next couple of days. You could stop by and check them out.

Back