Tunze to much power ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nemo415

my tank is an AGA 54 gal. corner unit I currently run 2 hagen 304 powerheads , been looking at the Tunze powerheads for a while now , but the 6000 series seems to be for 200 gal. and up. Yet I see smaller tanks with these powerheads . Am I missing something here , do they make smaller ones ? I keep thinking if I bought one it would blow everything over in my tank and cause a sand storm . Any experience with these would be appreciated . They are to expensive to just go for it .

Well I put a 6200 rated at 5000gph plus in a 150 gallon. It is barebottom though. It does really move water. The best part is they can cycle from hardly pumping to full blast or anywhere inbetween. So you can adjust the flow from wide open to whatever you like. I am very impressed with it so far. Steve

The 6200 was 418$ and the singletroller was 54.66 from www.marinedepot.com. A sponsor. I wanted to get them two 6100 and a multitroller but they were out of stock and said it would be 6-8 weeks maybe more, to just pay now and get in line. I got a 1" seaswirl and the 6200 instead. I like the way together they make for some really random flow.

I have a 6000 in my 75 ad it would be ok in your corner. you can turn it down if it gets to be too much..

Is this product a separate unit like a powerhead , just plug in and adjust flow?

Well its different. You attach the high volume, low pressure, wide flow, unit in the tank, then the controller that comes with it, and then the singletroller that ramps it up and down, and then the powersupply goes somewhere else. It is at miniumum 3 pieces, and with wave action it is 4. With just 3 it is adjustable up and down and with the singletroller it is self adjusting wave flow up and down speed. I really like them. Sorry my words are mangled. I just seared three of my fingers on a soldering iron. One even stuck and turned brown like bacon in a little spot. It really really hurts. I want a ciggarette, but I quit smoking so my nicotine addiction is trying to use this to get me to smoke. Sorry about my off subject part here but I need to get it out. LOL Steve

Sorry to hear about your pain , I guess I thiught they were different . I thought you just pluged it in .

wrightme43 said:
Well its different. You attach the high volume, low pressure, wide flow, unit in the tank, then the controller that comes with it, and then the singletroller that ramps it up and down, and then the powersupply goes somewhere else. It is at miniumum 3 pieces, and with wave action it is 4. With just 3 it is adjustable up and down and with the singletroller it is self adjusting wave flow up and down speed. I really like them. Sorry my words are mangled. I just seared three of my fingers on a soldering iron. One even stuck and turned brown like bacon in a little spot. It really really hurts. I want a ciggarette, but I quit smoking so my nicotine addiction is trying to use this to get me to smoke. Sorry about my off subject part here but I need to get it out. LOL Steve

This might be a little off the subject, but I think Mcgarnicle needs a hug!! :D :D

Back