Turbelle 6060 placement

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MINIATUS

I just purchased 2 of these units that will be installed on a 90 gal tank. Im trying to figure the best place to mount them. Is it better to mount them on the ends facing each other or to place them in the corners and cross current them. Anyone have a suggestion on how they would do it.
These units are not run by a controller. :idea:
MINIATUS

Hey min, I think you might want to cross current them. I'm not sure on your dimension on your tank but I think if you face them towards each othere than you might kick up alot of your sand bed. Even if your using a timers your going to be moving alot of water.

Might be a good time to play around without anything in the tank.

Hey cronic
where you been hiding.I just installed one on the old tank to try it out and imho mounting them in the corners and crossing sems to give great current. Dont think I will be using timers. I can use them on my other new toys. IC 250 watt electronic ballast. I love my toys.

MINIATUS :cool:

I have been really lazy and haven't been posting.

I was looking at your pics and thought the tunze were really cool. So I looked them up online. Ended up driving 1-1/2 hours one way to get one. Needless to say I ended up taking all my powerheads out and replaced it with the 6060 model. Works better than all 4 PH combined.

But keep in mind it went into a 50gal. So there isn't any died spot anymore.

Befor I forget the magnet mounting kit is alot better than the brackets that it came with. Might work out if you decide to mount them on your overflow.

Hope your as happy with it as I'm

where you mounting it. Corners or ends. How big are these magnets anyway. you got a close up pic of one. 1 1/2 hours I only drove an extra 5 minutes out of my way to work. :lol:

MINIATUS

I think cross flow would work well also.... I guess you’ll just have to play around with placement, pending on how your rockwork is set up and what corals are where.
Pretty spendy toys you guys have there....but I’m sure they’re well worth it!!
Just envious! :D

The dimensions are 5/8" x 4" x 4-1/2"

The clip that you attach the Tunze to the rail is the same clip that you attach to the magnet.

I have the Tunze on the end but facing on a angle toward the back of the tanks rockwork. Here is a few pics

After about 3 hours of running one in the setup 90 I cant believe how much everthing has opened.

MINIATUS :)

Back