Turbo snails in my sump, any problems?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rossifish

I recently moved my large turbo snails into my sump. Is that a problem if they eat the algae in there? Is that defeating the purpose of the sump?

Well, the more algae in the sump, the less likely it is to grow in the display. However, I also don't see anything wrong with having a bit of a clean up crew, in your sump. I have snails to sift the deep sand bed, in my refugium.

I do suppose you'd want to make sure that there's no way this big turbo could block your return pump.

Well, the more algae in the sump, the less likely it is to grow in the display. However, I also don't see anything wrong with having a bit of a clean up crew, in your sump. I have snails to sift the deep sand bed, in my refugium.

I do suppose you'd want to make sure that there's no way this big turbo could block your return pump.

There is a baffle w/ sand to prevent them from entering that chamber. Thank for the confirmation. I find myself staring into the sump looking for new creatures. It's pretty interesting to see the copepods moving about.

i have seen them climb wall outta water so just make sure you have screens on the pumps

i have turbos in my sump/refugium without any problems. I agree with the people above, just make sure there's no way they can block your return pump, since they can climb out of the water

Back