Turkeys

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
Well Thurday i believe is Thanks giving :D, so i was wondering what is everyone doing?

anyone has a good turkey recipie? :)

i'm making pumkin pie :D , cinnamon buns, mushed potatoes, gravy, sweet beans, and last but not least TURKEY ....ohh yeah and as i new tradition we're gonna make egg rolls :D.

anyone has a good turkey recipie? :)

I have found it works best to first make sure it is refrigerator thawed and then cook it until it is all done.:badgrin::lol:

Cover the breast meat with foil to slow it's cooking as the legs and thighs cook slower. I like to stuff it with many fresh herbs and root crops such as turnips. Not packed too full or might have undercooked interior.

The turkey bags really simplify it all, keeps in all the moisture and flavors and evens the cooking temperature speeding the process. Only downside is skin isn't crispy. Can fix that with an out of bag broil for 15 minutes at the end.

The bag is packed with all the gravy making ingredients, mix with the root crops, puree, then strain and reduce.

Did I ever mention I'm a great cook?

Well this Thanksgiving is just going to be a at home relaxing kind (the one I like the most). We don't have to worry about going anywhere :) We are having a Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and all the usual Thanksgiving stuff including Pumpkin Pie. I also make a Pumpkin Cheesecake (Hubby would be very upset if I didn't make him his Cheesecake lol). We plan on picking up GOW 2 and have a nice relaxing day of some games and food. The day after we will be hitting up the Blue Sierra sale :)

I do an herb brine on my turkey, then make a little herb butter and put it under the skin along the breast meat and roast slowly.....:eek:...now that I read my reply it sounds a little naughty!:lol::):badgrin:

Soak you bird in Brine solution (kosher salt, Ice cubes in water) then pat dry after 24 hour soak. Preheat Oven to 500 degrees. Stick apple and cinimon stick inside the turkey. Stick bird in oven for about 1 hour, remove and cover breast of bird with foil. It should be golden brown. Stick bird back in at 325 for about another 2 hours. and your done. I used this for years and its like searing the bird, so juicy it cries when you cut it. When i first heard of it I thought 500? you Nuts? But it works. Trust me.

LOL!!! nap ?? come on dood take the nap another day :lol::p.

Charlie when i read your post i misread it...i thought you said you targeted the turkey...i was like ohhh wwouu ..he went turkey hunting :lol:

I hate to say this, but even tho your beloved Seahawks were playing, if you napped thru the whole game you didn't miss a thing!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gaby, I have wild ones wander thru my yard once a week.

I hate to say this, but even tho your beloved Seahawks were playing, if you napped thru the whole game you didn't miss a thing!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gaby, I have wild ones wander thru my yard once a week.

aahh my beloved Seahawks :(:cry:....it's so sad that i don't think they'll ever make it to the superbowl :cry:.

wild ones eh ???? sounds like Thanksgiving every day :lol:

Back