Twisteds 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

twisted

I had a 75 for a little while and after a year of bugging my wife, she finally let me rearrange the livingroom for something a little bigger:D
its a mixed reef and heres whats going on inside
one of the best parts of my upgrade is going from bare bottom to a sand bed and finding a new home for my maroon. he wasnt invited to the new tank...lol
Lighting-icecap reef illuminations t-5/led
skimmer- c-skim 1800
at the moment has 20gal sump with a 46 bowfront as fuge. building a 75 sump/fuge
here is the stock list(or what i can remember...lol)

LPS
blasto merletti
hammer
torch
frogspawn
duncan
orange sun polyps
black sun polyps
brain
green trumpet
rainbow paradise chalice
alien eye chalice
bubble gum chalice
acans
rbta
stick polyps
green pagoda
alvepora
favia
jason fox cyphanstrae
SPS
tri color
oregon tort
strawberry shortcake
lemonade
green finger monti
lime green/purple birdnest
rose milli
green birdnest
green stylo
blue hydnophora
red planet
green table
Softies
rics
hairy shrooms
green stripe shrooms
gsp
leather
Zoas/Palays
royal blues
la lakers
rose nebula
pinks
fire and ice
safecrackers
rainbows
mohawks
AOG
purple deaths
green deaths
gold stars
keds reds
darth mauls
magicians
red/green/purple pe's
watermelons
eagle eyes
radio active dragon eyes
+lots of others i forgot...lol
Fish
orange shoulder tang
yellow tang
target mandarin
sixline wrasse
lawnmower goby
bi color
anthias
engineer goby
chalk bass

red serpent star
heres a few pics before the move to the 180
a8.jpg

l6.jpg

l4.jpg

d6.jpg

and the new tank
as1.jpg

Last edited:
well, i came home from baltimore tonight to find the sump running dry. the idiot i had taking care of it doesnt realize millions of air bubbles blowing into the tank is a bad thing. i guess he also didnt realize when i said it needs a gallon in the am and 1 in the pm, i meant thats what it needed. judging by the bucket i had for him to get water from, the tank got about 2 to 3 gal. since he rents a room from us and is here all the time, you'd think it would be a simple thing to do....yeah, someone is gonna be looking for a new home....the casualtlies look like my hydno and pagoda. they were in the direct flow of the air bubbles as the sump slowly emptied out. what a frkn idiot....time for an apex with web cam and an ato...
on a different note, i stopped by a place called Tropical Aquarium in silver springs,md and found a really cool acro for a good price. its blue with pink polyps and each branch is about as round as a dime. ill get some pics up tommorrow.
tommorrow i get to start building my 75 sump/fuge!

<!-- MOD: SHMK USER FEEDBACK -->

Very impressive list of goodies!!! Are those Carberryi/threadfin anthias? Too bad you are in New Jersey. I have two georgous fathead anthias that would love to live in your reef.

i think they are square anthias? not sure though....i just added some more red pe's and green's tonight. the new acro is doing really well. i think its a stag but im still somewhat new to sps and still trying to figure out the flavors of some...lol..
heres a few more pics

az6.jpg

az7.jpg

az8.jpg

Nice looking tank. Your livestock list is very similar to mine, and I also made the jump from 75 to 180 a while back, however mine is a shallow 2 sided tank. You would have to check out my thread to know what I mean.

Nice looking tank. Your livestock list is very similar to mine, and I also made the jump from 75 to 180 a while back, however mine is a shallow 2 sided tank. You would have to check out my thread to know what I mean.
your tank is really cool looking! i may have to look into one of them when we do our addition.

You make me wish I had a house already so I can start my own 180g sw tank! :D

thanks for the kind words! im really enjoying the new tank. things are going very well and have made a few more adds. potters wrasse, a little naso, more chromis pair of true percs, blue spot watchman, and a few corals and gave the nem away.
heres some pics!
xc1.jpg

stick polyps
xc2.jpg

pagoda
xc3.jpg

xc4.jpg

xc5.jpg

xc6.jpg

bn5.jpg

cv1.jpg

cv5.jpg

gh1.jpg

cv3.jpg

bn2.jpg

thanks for the kind words! im really enjoying the new tank. things are going very well and have made a few more adds. potters wrasse, a little naso, more chromis pair of true percs, blue spot watchman, and a few corals and gave the nem away.
heres some pics!
xc1.jpg

stick polyps
xc2.jpg

pagoda
xc3.jpg

xc4.jpg

xc5.jpg

xc6.jpg

bn5.jpg

cv1.jpg

cv5.jpg

gh1.jpg

cv3.jpg

bn2.jpg
they are really happy...lol..they host everything on their side of the tank...i got them to host my rbta but they wanted everythig else instead...that gave me a good excuse to find it a new home and open up lots of real estate. it would open larger than a dinner plate and was starting to do some damage.

Back