Ugly little fishies

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

csababubbles

I order a Paracheilinus mccoskeri (McCosker's flasher wrasse) from a mail order company and they sent me some random ugly red wrasse that I have no idea what it is. It looks a little like a Paracheilinus filamentosus (Filamented flasher wrasse) but I'm not sure. Here is a couple of pics...maybe you guys have some ideas.

Anyways, i really wanted a pretty wrasse and this guy ain't cutting it. Its a small tank (45 cube) and I dont think another wrasse would be compatible in such a small space. but then again, I have very limited knowledge of flasher and fairy wrasses. Could another one fit without territory issues? Which one would be the best choices? I would love a Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis or a Paracheilinus mccoskeri but dont know if they would be ok and have enough space with the fish I got by accident. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

We'll need a better picture of it to make an accurate ID. More detail of the side of the fish if possible.

My big question, is did they simply send you the wrong fish? Or just threw in a bonus one?

Back